We try and stay flexible when it comes to tooling - one of the great things about game jams is getting exposed to new techniques and ideas! That being said, there are a few tools we've used that we really like, and expect to use again in a future jam!
- Git (http://git-scm.com)
- Unity3D (C# specifically) (http://www.unity3d.com)
- Slack (https://slack.com/)
- Google Drive (http://drive.google.com)
- Discord (https://discordapp.com/)
- Blender (https://www.blender.org/)
We will try and post useful guides to help people get started! Keep checking back for more content and updated lists.
There are a lot of seemingly fun and interesting technologies out there that we are looking at too! We'll try and work some into an official jam, or just casually.
- Unreal Engine (https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4)
- CryEngine (https://github.com/CRYTEK-CRYENGINE/CRYENGINE)
- Lumberyard (https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/)
- Stencyl (http://www.stencyl.com/)
- RPGMaker (http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/)
- TurtleBrains (http://www.timbeaudet.com/turtle_brains/documentation/index.html)
And many more...
We are working on several tools and applications to assist our jammers in interesting ways. Check back in the future for more information...